Who we are
Hijas del Mar was founded by Suri in 2018. Suri’s vision was to empower and unify girls through surfing and community. The surfing retreats are designed to bring women together, create memories to last a lifetime, and use the profits to support girls living in vulnerable situations.
20% of all profit goes towards these girls living in situations with violence and limited resources. Hijas del Mar strives to create an environment of safety, sisterhood, equality, collaboration and teamwork with the girls.
Surfing gives these girls an outlet to have fun, develop a hard work ethic, and form a community surrounded by positivity, kindness, and opportunity.
What are we doing?
Who We Work With
- Recreational or freestyle surfers.
- Surfers seeking to be apart of the Salvadoran Surf Federation.
- Surfskaters in the Puro Surf Academy.
- Daily short surfing technique workouts.
- Small training sessions that integrate both the practice of surfing with other disciplines (yoga, physical preparation, surf sessions, and more).
- Lessons and technical analysis of surfers either in collaboration with trained people.
- Exclusive annual surfing competition for women and girls in various categories.
- We hope by December 11th 2021 we can resume our annual competition. We’ve been missing it!
- Provide sponsorship for each of our girls to give them the opportunity to grown in the surf world as professional or freestyle surfers.
Bring oportunity to girls in vulnerable communities in El Salvador´s coasts can access to enjoy to surf, be part of this beautiful sport and contribute with the girl´s empowerment and to their community.
To share our knowledge and love of surfing with all girls and women from around the world. To empower those around us to brave and bold. To use our resources to support girls from vulnerable environments and to cultivate their love of surfing.
To become a group synonymous with community, surfing expertise, empowering woman. To create an environment that is safe, reliable, and happy.
How can you support this project
If you have any of the items below, new or used, Please contact to Us to make a donation
- Surfboards (high performance between 5’6-6’5)
- Plastic and carbon fins, Future and FCS brands (small and medium)
- Traction Pads
- Waxes (for tropical water)
- Bikinis (for surfing, not for swimming pools)
- Ponchos towels
- Sun Block (waterproof)
To support their education
- Any tablets, iPads, or mini computers
Why do we need such specific surf equipment?
As we work with the hijas del mar, their skills improve rapidly and they outgrow their equipment. By providing them with the tools they need for their skill level, they are able to continue to grow and accel. All donated equipment is used as we work with girls of all skill levels.
Do you want to support Hijas del Mar project?
If you are interested in sponsoring one of our girls, follow the link below
Use the PayPal link below to make a donation
We tried to take the girls to surf every surf spot in El Salvador, to know the difference and type of waves to where we are exposed.
Suft Girls Contest
Once a year we do a surf girls contest, just for fun, just because we want to be JUST GIRLS IN THE WATER.
We believe that skateboarding in the carver style improves our surfing, so do regulary skate sessions learning more and more.
Every month we organize and lead a fundraiser that raises money for the Daughters of the Sea. The money goes towards necessary surfing equipment, surfing competitions, skate equipment, and for necessary medical assistance.
We are taking the girls to medical appointments so that their body is in line with their mind, keep them healthy and create a habit in them so that they can take care of their body from now on.